Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Chronic Insomnia - What a Nuisance!

An irritating week. Firstly have to have a minor operation on Thursday which leaves me in slight discomfort over the weekend. Forced to spend Friday lying down which thankfully allows me to relax and watch 3 DVD’s. Also cause I’m on antibiotics this means I behave myself Friday and Saturday night. On Sunday night its role reversal and I’m the one looking after my tipsy friend. Nice to repay the favour.

Then Sunday night arrive home and confronted with the fact I owe $150 for the phone bill. My family doesn’t have unlimited broadband and had already used up their free megabytes or something. So when I downloaded those stupid USA photos to the yahoo website it ran up a $150 bill! So here is the link again, gotta get my money’s worth!
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dizeestroudy/album?.dir=5dccscd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Then go to sleep and wake up at 4am and can’t go back to sleep, not one wink, so absolutely knackered at work on Monday but bumble my way through sales and frantic estate agent life. Do all the right insomniac things; don’t drink caffeine, eat healthy, go jogging after work and meditate. Feel like a zombie Monday evening and pass out around midnight then wake up at 3am and guess what…. Can’t go back to sleep! Argh! Déjà vu! Insomnia Insomnia there is no escape.

So at 8am after 5 hours of being awake, my eyes are itchy and gluey, my head throbs and I’m having slightly delusional thoughts. I can’t function decently at work so phone in sick. Another $150 (a days work) lost so my savings are dented again. Nobody I’ve ever known has insomnia so bad, so it’s not their fault that they can’t understand how I feel. So it’s the usual …. everyone has sleeping problems, people still go to work when they are tired, what’s wrong with you ….. stuff off my family. Insomnia really has been and still is the bain of my life. But unlike when I was young and used to panic and worry I’m old and wise enough now not to worry and just deal with it. When I’m settled down a bit more it will get better.

So last night was forced to take a couple of sleeping pills and slept OK and back to work today, and life carries on. Only another 3 weeks at the estate agents and then off to Sydney anyway. And got the biggest Australia day fireworks in Australia this Friday to look forward to. Then the weekend after spending a day on my friends friends speedboat. Then the weekend after the weekend after I’m off to Sydney. So its all good. And I’m still alive, still have 2 legs and 2 arms, my brain may be scramled but its still in one piece. And I have worked very hard and saved money in my 2 months in Perth and made good friends and done lots of exciting things. So it really is all good, well mostly good apart from the shit bits

No comments: