Monday, January 08, 2007

Fun and then work

Well
1) My week off work was ace, loads of fun and just what the doctor ordered
2) Starting work today at an estate agents was horrible

Anyway lets start off with the nicer stuff. Phoned up pub last tuesday and said could I have this week off work, no problem, sorted. Meant I could do some essential shopping and sort stuff out and that. In addition I had time to hang out with my new mates at last. One day me and my buddy Dave did a trip down to some touristy village where we went cheese tasting, chocolate tasting, wine tasting and ate the produce of "ye olde sweet shoppe" = felt sick. We went on a day trip. This village was 300km or 4 hours away, so an 8 hour round trip. To the Aussies this is nothing. This is like going on a day trip to Newcastle from London! Crazy. But at least I fell asleep in the car after gorging myself stupid.

Managed to sample the local fish and chips a couple of times sat by the beach with a lad from the pub called Brett, very nice. Also walked round the city centre and the nearby historical city of Freemantle, so finally feel like I'm getting to know my own backyard. Friday night was spent enjoying a few drinks and smokes without having to worry about work the next day. Very pleasant and in the morning a few of us rustled up a good ole fry up. Happy Days :-)

But today had to start yet another new job - Ugh! As usual couldn't sleep last night, never bloody can the night before my first day, I'm far too neurotic! Essentially I worry about not being able to sleep, so therefore won't be alert and on the ball the next day, which means I will make a bad first impression (and first impressions are so important), this keeps me from sleeping which gets me even more worried as this means I'll be even more tired the next day. Not difficult to see how a vicious circle develops. Unfortunately no sleeping tablets left so I had to tough it out! The next day 2 red bulls and a coffee kept me going and as usual all the panick was for nothing and I seemed to impress.

Job is working for this freelance estate agent, just me and her in the office. She's a hectic woman but very nice. However I don't think I'm cut out for running an office, I'm too scatterbrained and unorganised. Will as usual blag it as I'm only gonna do it for 2 months and can't be arsed to look for yet another job! Also the job is only 25 hours a week so will still have to work at the pub on the weekend to save money, was hoping to have my weekends free from now on - argghhh! And I hate having to be deceitful. They think I want to make a career out of being an estate agent and today I had to meet the managing director of the company and my boss and lie about about my long term goals blah blah blah. I feel guilty. But sod it thats the cut throat world of capitalism for you and anyway its not as if these estate agents aren't out for themselves.

Gonna go for a jog now to tire myself stupid and then promised to play with Josh (my baby brother) tonight as I've been neglecting him a bit recently.

No comments: