Friday, June 22, 2007

Back to work

OMG - please ignore that hideous pic of me with a beerbelly and a can of booze that I posted yesterday by accident. (It was a test. I was trying to replace the old photo on my profile).

Anyway 4 days sorting thousands and thousands of Pink Forms into piles according to date and other variables and then filing them into folders has introduced me back into the dreaded world of work after a 2 month absence. But mustn’t grumble, I’m able to surf the internet when the managers aren’t around and then work fast when they are, so it breaks up the tedium of the day quite nicely. And there’s people to chat to and the tea room to visit every hour or so. And there’s absolutely no stress or brain strain whatsoever!

And the reward is that next week is my first paycheck – Woohoo. And hopefully soon my tax rebate of £678 should come through, that is if those bastards of the Inland Revenue decide to pay me what’s rightfully mine. I’m still owed Tax and Pension money from Australia too, but it’s such a hassle to sort it all out for just a few hundred quid, maybe later in the year, maybe not.

Tonight I'm meeting up with some of my old buddies from my PGCE Teacher Training course. This might help me decide whether I should do my NQT year in September or not? Basically either this year or 2008-2009 I have to do a full year as a classroom teacher, otherwise my PGCE qualification becomes void. So just one more year then I’m a qualified teacher for life. I don’t want to do classroom teaching, but if I stick it for a year it will open up other career opportunities (E.g. full time tutor) in the future. But can I hack a year of classroom teaching, I hated it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dilemma!!!!!!!!!! Well a bit of a natter over some drinks tonight might help me decide.

Maybe it’s the best thing to do after all? Whilst I think of another career to undertake, I may as well sort that one out. I still haven’t thought of another career after all. Journalism would interest me, but it’s difficult to get into and often shit pay. Accountancy, easy work, good money but so Boring. Classroom Teaching, tried that, I think not. Social Worker, I like helping people, but not ungrateful bastards who don’t deserve to be helped, and again shit pay. Psychologist, well I’m not spending 3 years doing another degree. An author of a book. Won’t earn money for years. Hmmmmmm....

Oh why couldn’t I just win the lottery or marry someone rich and not have peasants for parents, all these horrible thoughts about careers etc. I suppose I’m just not the typical bloke. I don’t want to have a career. I don’t need success in work to prove my masculinity. I would be just as happy being a househusband or something. Sometimes I think us blokes have it hard, all this expectation put upon us. OK enough of the whinge :-) Nothing like work to bring out a good old moan!

Otherwise everything is good. Domestic bliss between me and Val, so nothing I’m going to report here :-) It’s also a good thing that it was the summer solstice last night, as I’m stuck working in a room with no natural light, so when I come out of work, my eyes hurt and I’m blinking like a mole whose just broke out of the soil. So I’m appreciating the fact that its light till late, had some lovely evenings lately with Val. Mind you last night I was disappointed that I didn’t spot any druids when I went for my evening stroll around the quaint streets of Finnsbury Park. It's glad to see that over 20,000 people made it to Stonehenge for sunrise, it's comforting to know that so many nutters are out there. Maybe one day I'll join them.

Right gonna go try and get a little shuteye before I head out for a few bevvies, can't seem to get an early night of late ;-) Ta ra.

No comments: