Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lock myself out of hotel at 4am. A blessing in disguise?

Have arrived in Sydney. Got in Saturday night and slept. Sunday met up with Brett's cousin Arrabelle and went to the Fair Day party in Victoria Park. Then met up with Marco's friend Michael. Had a good time. Went back to his mates flat with the most amazing views of Sydney harbour, the opera house, harbour bridge and the skyscrapers. Got home around midnight a bit drunk.

Woke up at 4am this morning feeling sick and thirsty. So thought hmmm I'll pop out to the 24 hr convinience store on the corner and get a litre of orange juice and then go back to bed. Go out of my room, and the instant the door shuts (& automatically locks!) I realise, shit, I've left my key inside the room. I go down to the reception which states no one will be there till 9am and if your locked out its a $50 call out fee. Must happen quite a lot! Must be quite a few dizzy idiots like myself! Can't really afford $50, its a nights accomodation and money is tight, so I'm out on the streets tired, hungover, feeling a little grumpy and at a loss of what to do. Oh well, I think, I may as well go to the beach and see the sunrise, its so rare I'm up in time to see this. So get a train and a bus to Coogee beach and watch the sunrise. Then I spy a run down looking hotel and find out they do rooms with a sea view for $230 a week. Thats $33 a night = 13 pounds a night........ For my own room with a sea view in the centre of Sydney! Brucie Bonus!! I don't think in London you'd get a room with a balcony with a good view for 130 pounds let alone 13 pounds. The main thing is that its the same price as a hostel dormitory, so it means I won't have to stay in a bloody dormitory whilst I'm looking for work, which I was dreading as I'm too light a sleeper. Today was supposed to be looking for work but I'm too tired so just done a coastal walk instead and then an early night tonight and job hunting tomorrow.

Anyway I won't update you on my last couple of weeks in Perth, because I'm too tired, maybe tomorrow.

No comments: