Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Go and see Hot Fuzz

Last weekend I let my hair down for the first time since I arrived in Sydney. Got hammered and ended up in some interesting club with people dressed up in weird and wonderful costumes. Met lots of alternative people and had fun. Saturday I paid for my sins and remembered what it was like to be hungover again.
Yesterday evening one of my neighbours asked me “Got any spare change mate?” in the street. So not only do I live with the mentally ill but also beggars as well. Still even living with down and out alcoholics, druggies and beggars, nobody in the place seems menacing or hostile. Just shows how friendly Aussies are and how generally crime free the place seems to be. In a down and out hostel in London I reckon that there would be a lot more trouble. Thankfully in London I have more permanent accommodation to stay in so I don’t need to experience living in this sort of place.
All the other travellers always ask me how do you end up meeting these people, and I suppose it’s because I just talk to people and don’t put up barriers. I don’t look down on these people. Who knows one day I might end up like that. I certainly don’t think so but you never know.
It’s been a busy week this week. Working late every day to compensate for taking Friday morning off work to move into my new house, get a Chinese Visa, enquire about flights and do lots of other bits and bobs. Then on Saturday I’m off to the Blue Mountains.
Just looked at google earth for the first time. Wow, that’s pretty cool, a nerd like me could spend hours on a thing like that! Oh also saw Hot Fuzz at the cinema last night, funny as f*ck. Also I liked it because I grew up in a Gloucestershire “village” and this is where the film was supposedly set.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your email address Tim?

Anonymous said...

Don't post your email on your blog or here in comments!! The address will be picked up my trawlers and you will start receiving loads of spam in your inbox.

xval

Anonymous said...

It's been a couple weeks now where we've generated some takeaways. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry ooutlet online[/url] Next Take the converted file and run it through the DVD burner software and insert a bland DVD-R or any other desired format(it must correspond with the drive type, there is DVD-R, +R -RW,+RW, -RAM and a few other types) DVD in the DVD-R/RW drive or what ever you have. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose outlet[/url] Izepbkgln
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora Sale[/url] Yjtfdrner [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose canada[/url] gdwnnkqlp