Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Gods are smiling

Talking about my manic mood swings, I thought I’d write an entry today because I’m exceedingly happy. Woke up today without a headache and sore throat for the first time in 10 days, so looks like I’ve recovered at long last. Its so refreshing waking up feeling better when you’ve been ill for a while. Really makes you appreciate your good health! So the god of health has finally released me from my punishment.

The god of wealth has also given me a break today. Got paid so that my bank account no longer says zero. Thanks to Dean for lending me $200 earlier this week, otherwise I would have been out on the streets. Also they’ve sorted it out so I’ll get paid more than I did this week, hence should get paid a lot more than expected next week.

In addition the god of having a nice roof over your head has blessed me with some short term flat shares to look around on Saturday and Monday. This means I can hopefully progress and stay in a place with a kitchen, flatmates and closer to work.

And to pray to these gods as a way of thanks I’ve just spent my lunchtime meditating under a very large, old and wise tree, receiving the spirit energy from within it, so feel very refreshed. That’s what I like about Sydney, it’s old and haphazard enough to feel homely. White settlement (no disrespect to the aborigines who were here before) here started over 200 years ago so there is a homely feel about the streets and buildings. White settlement in Perth started much later so the buildings and layout of the place is too new and organised, grid plan streets etc. I grew up in a very old and extremely higgldy piggldy place so only seem to feel at home in old places.

And lastly it’s Friday! And I’m just looking forward to being healthy this weekend with some money in my pocket, footloose and fancy free. Although happily not totally footloose thanks to a special someone. Someone who has made me have a good week. Thanks.

No comments: