Thursday, May 03, 2007

Bye Bye Sydney

My time in Sydney is coming to an end! Last day at work today and then I leave Sydney on Tuesday for a quick 3 week holiday in China before having to get another dull boring job. At least the horribleness of having to work again after a 3 week holiday will be compensated by my reunion with Val. So I’ll be returning happily back.

Just had a leaving lunch where the office did the usual whip round, getting me a signed card and presents, pretty useful ones this time ($40 shopping voucher, tube of vegemite (copy of our marmite) & a packet of Tim Tams (like a penguin)). Then off to the pub with a few colleagues after work, after that a meal with a few friends and an option to go onto a nightclub with some more work colleagues. But I may pass on this as I’ve only got Saturday, Sunday and Monday to prepare for going to China and tying loose ends up here. Still it could be my last night out so we’ll see.

Otherwise had a good last couple of weeks. Kept my promise I made to myself in my last blog of seeing more of the harbour. One sunny Saturday I got the ferry all the way up to Paramatta (as far as they can possibly go) which goes all the way up to the end of the harbour and continues up the Paramatta river. My friend Arabelle accompanied me. Then last Saturday Matt and I went over the north shore and did a long harbourside walk. And on Sunday despite being hideously hungover I prised myself out of bed to get the ferry to manly with my sister in law Amy. If it wasn’t for her I would have stayed in bed all day, but I had an obligation to show her around and this was a good thing, as I felt much better for it!

I probably won’t continue with this blog when I get home as I’ll be back home anyway and I doubt I can be arsed to keep it up, can’t see the point really. But I’ll muster up a few entries in China where more interesting things will probably happen
Ta ra for now, I wonder who actually reads this blog? Would be interesting to find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.