Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Final Straw

As you can tell I'm very bored, hence two blog entries today! Well otherwise I've got myself to talk to, or Chinese TV to watch. I wanna save the 50 pages left in my book for the 10 hour bus journey tomorrow. Oh and I can't drink tomorrow, better to be dehydrated on the bus than to wet myself (there are no toilets on the buses and they stop about once every 5 hours).

My patience is getting tested more and more. I handed in washing this morning to the ladies at the guest house I'm staying at. They know I've got a bus at 6am tomorrow morning to catch. At 2pm the washing had been done and was in a wet pile and I assumed they'd soon put it in the drier! Just got back at 8pm and the washing is still in a wet pile. Hmm obviously they don't have a tumble drier and didn't bother to hang it up. They don't speak Enlglish, me no Chinese so I don't blame them, they are really nice and smiley, and they just couldn't understand my gesticulations. Oh well.

But now my washing's soaking wet (all my clothes except the dirty ones i'm wearing, which are damp anyway cause its been pissing it down all day!) and there's no way it'll be anywhere near dry in 7 hours time. So i've got to go on a 10 hour bus journey to the middle of nowhere with all my clothes wet in a bag.

I feel the urge to either
1) Crumple into a heap, wail like a baby and burst into tears
2) Start screaming and smashing tables, chairs, windows etc.
3) Start headbutting everyone

Don't worry I'm not gonna do any of the above. I'm just going to remain calm and.......

I could really do with a pint or two of beer and a cigarrette.

This trip is really testing me and I think I might start smoking again just to calm my nerves a little.

Hmmm, why am I doing this again?

Oh yeah its adventure

Oh and I suppose the scenery is amazing, and the people are very friendly, even if I don't understand them.

I'm looking forward to civilisation more than ever!

I'd better get to bed, as gotta be up in 7 hours. So I'll head off and try to sleep in a hard bed with lorries constantly beeping their horns outside my window. Maybe its sleeping pills again tonight!

Will I arrive back sane? As sane as ever!

No comments: