Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Snow in the tropics

As my friend Chris said "Chin Up". I've been having a bit of a whinge of late so thought I'd write a more cheery entry.

Arrived in Litang Monday and its a lovely place. Amazing scenary and friendly people. I think I've now got used to my own company now too, you may as well make the best of what you've got!!

Arrrived 3pm Monday, the Tibetan people seem to be extremely friendly with alot of them smiling big warm smiles and saying "Tashey Delay", meaning hello. Checked into a nice clean room with a clean bathroom and a hot shower. Went for a walk up a hill with the most amazing views of the town and the snow capped peaks surrounding it. Litang is 4014m (around 14,000 feet) altitude so really high up!!! Over 4 times the height of the highest mountain in England and 3 times the height of the highest mountain in the British Isles. The town is full of old tibetan stone houses with monks walking down the street in red robes and people whirling round their prayer wheels as they walk to bring them good fortune. Went for a nice meal in the evening with good company.

Yesterday got ill with a fever and was stuck in bed all day staring at the walls, but I shan't dwell on this, as it was only a day long fever and I am better today. Was going to leave today on the bus but its snowed all day and the buses are cancelled. And they're not sure when the buses will be running again so I'm not sure when I'll be able to leave? But still met up with some others today and despite getting wet from the snow, had a spot of lunch and went round a monestry and had a bit of a laugh.

Anyway I'm feeling more positive now. Having fun again, which is what its all about really isn't it.

No comments: