Friday, July 13, 2007

Flat Hunting

Well had my little rant about terrorists last week. The ridiculous political correctness and human rights bullshit in this country got to me a little bit and I needed a vent. Give human rights protection to those that deserve it and punishing hate preachers is not discrimination, punishing innocent people is. Anyway no point storing up too much anger, it’s bad for you.

Quite a trying week has just passed. Me and Val are looking for a flat to rent, seen five places so far and they’ve all had fatal flaws. We’re looking at one-bedroom flats for £850 a month or less and they are all tiny dingy shitholes or miles away from tube stations/supermarkets etc. or without crucial things (last flat no cooker or washing machine). London is so ridiculously expensive, it’s even worse than when I looked a couple of year’s back. In Sydney/Perth I earned the same wages as here and I could rent a big beautiful light airy flat for a third of the price!!!!! London is getting me down, it’s no good unless you’re wealthy. I can’t see myself making a life for myself here anymore, how am I going to afford a house? So basically I don't really wanna stay here anymore, But Val's life is here and she wants to stay. And I wanna be with Val, so I'm gonna stay in London. Anyway it'll take me a few years before I can buy a house.

Trying to flat hunt whilst working full time, applying for jobs and sorting out a career, its all getting a bit hectic. Plus shit summer weather. Hmmpphh

But as Monty Python said "Life’s a piece of shit, when you look at it"…….. "But Always look on the Bright side of Life". So keep smiling. Still extremely happy with Val despite the stress and everything’s good really. Had a lovely steak courtesy of Andrew last night, keeping in touch with my bro more now, which is good, and fitting in a social life somehow :-) Bring on a flat and bring on a job.

No comments: