Monday, July 16, 2007

Flat hunting

Just saw another flat, big, bright, airy with a balcony overlooking the river, lovely place. OK in North Woolwich, zone 3, at the end of the DLR line, but we thought, hmmm maybe we can cope with this. Then walked to the local supermarket, which the estate agent said was 10 minutes away and no, it was 30 minutes away! No bus that went there or anything. Also noticed all the cars parked in the parking spaces, clear that most people here have a car. Grrrrr. Has anyone lived off internet shopping before?

Friday - Chiswick, Saturday - Stepney Green & Bromley by Bow, Monday - Stoke Newington Wednesday - Wood Green, Saturday - Whitechapel, Monday - North Woolwich.

At least I'm getting to know the obscure parts of London again in this flat hunt, just like my wanderings in my early London days. Oh well we'll have to settle on a place soon, only a few days till we're kicked out of our current place.

Also got to apply for my current job (am temping) so I've got full time work guaranteed. Should be applying tonight really, but too tired. Then when full time work and flat sorted out, career is next. Hmmpphh!

Anything fun to write about. Nah not really, maybe I should give up this blog thing. Now I've come back from my travels I haven't really got much to say. I'm just writing for the sake of it.

No comments: