Friday, July 27, 2007

On Monday I move to North Woolwich. Different from Woolwich, which is south of the River.

All the flat hunting stress is now over as we decided on a flat in North Woolwich. Yesterday morning I phoned up and discovered it still available and Val quickly put down a holding deposit before anyone else gazzumped us. 3 weeks and 13 viewings since we started. What a pullava!

Now feel more relaxed and human again. It’s a lovely flat, new build so modern, clean, double glazed etc. You enter into a hallway which goes past a large bedroom, decent bathroom and then onto an open plan living room with a full fitted modern kitchen attached. The living room has a large patio door, which goes out onto a balcony overlooking the river. Lovely views are to be had.

It’s in North Woolwich, which is North of the river (not to be confused with Woolwich, which is South of the river). It’s all part of the new Docklands Development going on near City Airport. Its in zone 3, a few minutes walk from King George V DLR station, which goes direct to bank, or 4 stops to Canning Town on the Jubilee line, so transport connections are OK. Downsides being that there are no supermarkets nearby and the nightbus connections are shite. So, if I’m out in town, late at night, I might ask to kip at your house! Or I'll have to brave the mothballs in my pockets and stump up some cash for a taxi!

Unfortunately can’t move in till Monday as they are painting it over the weekend. So hiring a van tomorrow then I’ll drive down to my nans in Surrey to pick up some of my stored possessions. Sunday I will return to Holloway and on Monday collect all Val’s stuff and then unload all our possessions and move into our new flat.

No comments: