Friday, December 15, 2006

Barman then Labourer now Estate Agent

Been in Perth just over 2 weeks but it feels like months. Am pretty knackered what with lugging metal doors in the factory and working behind the bar but its all good. Got 2 pay checks this week so starting to claw my way up to financial respectability again.

However I realised that I couldn't be doing with carrying garage doors for months on end, its getting a bit tedious. So today had an interview at an estate agents. Well 1 woman who works from home. Got the job and start 3rd January. I'm gonna be her assistant! Very wierd! Its good pay and a lot of responsibility and as well as looking after her office and stuff I get to drive round and look at properties, sell to clients, take courses and get to know the business of selling houses. Its all strange, I'm only gonna be here a few months. I would of thought she'd want someone for longer but she didn't mention it and so I didn't bring it up. I asked the agency that got me the interview and they said that they'd told her. Oh well its exciting really. Anyway next week I'll still be at the factory and working at the pub over the christmas/new years hols before I start the job in the new year.

Other than that all work and no play makes a dull Tim. Haven't really had time to have a social life or do anything interesting really. Too tired from working, so haven't met people outside of work. So a bit lonely and miss people. But thats life. Oh yeah someone did give me a free ticket to see the cricket today, some ashes game, england vs australia, the cricket was so boring though and anyway you couldn't even see the ball. But watching the crowd entertained me for an hour or so, the atmosphere was great, but wasn't much fun being there on my own so left after an hour or so. Pretty tired really now, did 12 hours in the factory yesterday so I could have today off for the interview, then sorting bank and tax stuff out then got ticket for cricket then shopping, so sorry if this blog is a bit rambly and waffly.

Work is good though, after being span out at the nightclub during my 1st shift, during the 2nd shift the chaos left, everything fell into place and I was able to control everything and do it all with relative ease. It felt like being Keanu Reeves in the matrix or is that me tripping out? Anyway its a laugh and people behind the bar are mostly fun and friendly, if a little stressed at times.

The factory job isn't so bad. At times I sort of like doing repetative things for hours on end, no stress and I sort of enter a dream like state where I zone out and drift into my own little world. Scary really. You have to be able to turn your brain off to cope with the boringness of it all and I think I've become too good at it. That's why I can't stay there for long, I'll turn into a zombie. Got practise I suppose from my teenage years working down the pie factory in Forest Green. But I was smoked up all the time then.

Another great thing is having a car, it might be an old banger but it gives me such freedom. I may have passed my test when I was 17 but I've never had my own car before, always been too poor and my parents were shit when I was studying. It's amazing to be able to just zip off to wherever I want whenever I want. Wanna go to the beach for a jog, no problem. Need to pop out and go shopping, no worries. All I need now are friends!

No comments: