Friday, December 22, 2006

Tick Tock goes the Clock, another week

Well last weekend yet again had to work Fri and Sat night, so thought sod this I'll go out for a few beers Sun night. Hadn't drank any alcohol for 3 weeks, so it wasn't suprising given my track record, that I ended up hammered. This resulted in me waking up at 5am thinking where the hell am I, then realising that I was in what appeared to be a stiffling hot garage. Needless to say I didn't make it to work that day and spent the day sick in bed feeling sorry for myself, with family hassling me for not going into work. Made me think yet again that drinking is crap really. 3 weeks of feeling healthy then one night out made me feel sick for a whole day and reacquainted me to heartburn and junk food.

Anyway this was my last week in the factory, move onto better things and that. Bugger all to do the last few days which makes time pass more slowly, so I used my skills in the art of "looking busy when doing absolutely nothing". Striding purposefully through the factory when really I'm going nowhere. Standing there with a broom in my hand waiting for someone to come into sight so I can start sweeping. It's all about "location location", you need to stand somewhere where you'll see them before they see you. Anyway it was better than lugging round heavy garage doors and carrying metal poles that cut into your shoulder. Will also be glad to see the end of Brett, like the Harry Enfield character, "you don't wanna do it like that you wanna do it like this". Some thick as shit redneck who's worked in the factory for 20 years and got nowhere but who thinks he's a Real Man and has got on a power trip. Critisised everything everyone did and tried to belittle everyone to big himself up. Needless to say he was the one that suffered as everyone hated him, but bloody hell was he irritating! Otherwise it was a pretty good bunch of people, most of the lads were nice, even if I didn't really have much in common with them. Why do I always feel like an outsider?

I never seem to learn my lessons, like don't get smoked up on a school/work night, as these days it keeps me awake deep in thought when trying to sleep. So last night had a little puff before bed and couldn't sleep till 5am because had too many things on my mind and ended up analysing my life and going way too deep man. Mind you it does make you see things in a different light and is somewhat beneficial, like I sort of saw clearly where I had messed something up. Anyway a little kip after work today sorted me out.

Not working tonight and got no friends to go out with hence writing this. Working tomorrow and Christmas Eve in pub then a few shifts next week and probably, sadly enough, I'll be working new years eve as its double pay and I need the money. Then start estate agent job on Wed 3 Jan. To be honest I'm fed up of starting new jobs!!!! In the last 4 years I've probably started 30-40 jobs, I always get anxious and stressed the night before. Then its always more difficult in the first week or two as you don't know what your doing and you have to appear to be hardworking and dilligent to make a good impression before you can slack off.

I'm ready to settle down and get a job that will last for years. I don't want to, there's no jobs I wanna do that I'd be good at. But I haven't won the lottery and unfortunately I'm not pretty enough to marry someone rich so I've gotta do something and a career its gonna have to be. So maybe I'm gonna have to get some dull job like accounting after all and join the bleeding rat race. Shit. Oh well I've got till July to have fun in Aussie and then China and maybe India :-) Then I'll sort my life out.

No comments: