Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It never rains but it pours

Well... managed to get labouring job. Just done first shift today... 8 hours of lifting and carrying heavy boxes containing metal garage doors... in the swealtering heat. I ache all over, but its good healthy physical work and will now give me big muscles. So I followed my own advice and got more manly work, go me, aren't I butch!?

Then got home and the nightclub had left me a message saying I've got the job and can I work tonight, Friday and Saturday? And another message from the office agency saying they've got me a job lasting a week starting tomorrow, so its all happening at once.

This labouring job is full time for 3 weeks and then 2 week factory shut down for christmas and then full time for as long as I want it basically. Its down the road and easy money so thought will do it for 3 weeks guaranteed full time work then 2 week break to look for something better. Pub job can do odd shift next 3 weeks for extra cash and then will have work set up for 2 week factory shutdown also. So phoned up nightclub and told them can't do tonight but will do Friday and Saturday. Then phoned office agency up and said can't do tomorrow but available again in 3 weeks, as might be fed up of labouring soon?

Gonna be a hard slog working in factory full time and nightclub job at evenings/weekends but will be bringing in lots of hard earned money at last. Lots of people don't like their jobs but at the end of the day you've gotta earn money somehow haven't you. So you've gotta grin and bear it I'm afraid. Or get another job or be lucky enough to fall in love with someone rich or win the lottery. OK I'm off to dream now.....

No comments: